Hoby and District Village Hall stands at the centre of the village of Hoby and was built after the school garden was sold in the 1920s.
Opening of Hoby & District Village Hall 4th November 1926
From left to Right:
Mr Fred Smalley (District Nurse’s Husband), Mr Joe Dixon, Earl Beatty of Brooksby & The North Sea Mrs Phyllis Cantrell-Hubbersty of Ragdale Hall, Mr Edwin James, Major Cantrell-Hubbersty, Mr Alfred Ironside (of The Grange Hoby), Mr Bill Bayliss (the village Postman)
Roger Cropper’s grandfather put the heating in the village hall in 1926.
The village hall was built on the school garden, see below: