Data Privacy Notice – Hoby & District Local History Society
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the Data Controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Who are we?
Hoby & District Local History Society objective is to promote Hoby & District local history as defined in our constitution. The Data Controller manages how your personal data is processed and for what purpose.
- How do we process your personal data?
Hoby & District Local History Society complies with GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or holding unauthorised data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
– To administer membership records
– To inform you of news, events and activities of Hoby & District Local History Society and local interest events
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent by way of a signed Membership (consent) Form or by an online “Contact Us” request, in order to enable membership administration and to keep members and interested parties informed of news, events and activities.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with other organisations or 3rd parties.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
Processing and retention of your personal data will cease if you withdraw consent.
- Your rights and your personal data
– The right to receive a copy on request of the personal data that Hoby & District Local History Society holds about you.
– The right to require that Hoby & District Local History Society corrects any personal data which is inaccurate or out of date.
– The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
– The right to have your personal data removed from Hoby & District Local History Society records.
– The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
For any future purpose not authorised by your current consent, Hoby & District Local History Society will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use, and seek your consent to the new processing.
- Contact details
To exercise all GDPR rights or submit queries please contact the Data Controller at email@example.com or any Hoby & District Local History Society committee member.