* denotes a small gravestone which has been moved from its original space, probably at the foot of a grave to mark its extent.
** denotes the interment of ashes.
1. To the memory of John Joyce who died May 1st 1796 aged 61 years.
Also Sarah wife of the above who died May 1st 1798 aged 64 years.
To the memory of Elizabeth Joyce, the daughter of John and Sarah Joyce who departed this life on 21st of December 1826, Aged 67 years.
2. Sacred to the memory of Thomas Frisby who departed this life the 15th of March 1823, aged 61 years. Also Mary wife of the above, who departed this life the 13th February 1841, aged 79 Years.
3. In affectionate remembrance of Charles Frisby who departed this life December 25th 1881 Aged 48 years.
4. Affectionate rememberance of Mary Frisby, native of this village, who died at Lutterworth on the 15th day of July 1870, aged 70 years.
5. Elizabeth Mary, Daughter of Richard & Dorothy Barsby of Hungerton. She departed this life the 31st December 1749, in the 33rd year of her age.
Afflictions fore long time I bore. Physicians were in vain.
6. Lieth interr’d the body of Elizabeth, the wife of Edward Palmer, who departed this life December 12th 1753 aged XLI.
7. In memory of Richard Player, late groom to John Gooders Esqr, who departed this life June 2nd 1805, aged 47 Years.
8. Sacred to the memory of John Pym, who died the 8th March 1830, aged 72 years.
Also Ann, wife of the above John Pym, who died the 28th of October 1840, aged 83 years.
Not unto us O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory for thy mercy and for thy truth’s sake. Psalm CXV, Verse 1.
9. Sacred to the memory of William Pym, who died October 7th 1846, aged 27 years.
Also Ann Pym, who died August 14th 1840, aged 18 years. Son and daughter of John and Catherine Pym.
10. In affectionate rememberance of Victoria, the beloved wife of Robert Watts, who died May 8th 1892, aged 50 years.
11. In affectionate memory of Catherine/, daughter of William and Catherine Beeby, who died Aug 29th 1846, aged 23 weeks.
What! Is the lovely shadow fled / Yet stop those falling tears / She from a thousand pangs is free’d / You from ten thousand fears.
12. In affectionate memory of Mary, daughter of William and Catherine Beeby, who died the 25th Octr l837 aged 4 months.
Ear sin could blast or sorrow fade / Death came with friendly care; / The op’ning bud to heav’n conveyed / And bade it blossom there.
13. In memory of George Beeby, who departed this life the 4th of February 1830, aged 62 years.
Elizabeth Beeby, relict of George Beeby, who departed this life 5th April 1844, aged 74 years.
Although moulden here in dust / With many at my feet / Ah, what a loss, my earthly all is gone. / Peace to yet shall I rise again I trust / My Saviour Christ to meet / His soul God’s righteous will be done. / He takes but what he gave – I’ll not repine. / The stroke is awful but the Hand divine.
14. Here lieth interr’d the remains of Elizth Beeby, daughter of George & Elizabeth Beeby, who departed this life February 20th 1807, in her infancy.
15. Here lieth interr’d the remains of Mary, daughter of George Beeby, who resigned his life on the 29th of April 1814, aged 19 years.
My God I am thine, what comfort divine / What blessing to know that my Jesus is mine / In the heavenly Lamb thrice happy I am / And my heart doth rejoice at the sound of his name.
16. Erected in memory of George Beeby Buck, son of George & Ann Buck, who departed this life on the 21st of June 1826, Aged 3 years.
This lovely bud so young and fair / Called hence by early doom / Just came to show how sweet a flower / In Paradise will bloom.
17. Sacred to the memory of George Beeby Buck, of Shepshed, who departed this life on the 30th of October 1844, aged 49 years.
Anne, wife of George Buck, who departed this life on 27th of February 1864, aged 68 years.
Reader! Prepare to meet thy God
18. Here lieth interr’d the bodies of William Edinborough and Mary, his wife. She departed life 30th of August 1742, in the 58th year of her age & he dy’d Sept the 30th 1744, in the 72nd year of his age.
But they shall rise as Grain in Earth they lie / Which cannot quicken unless first they die / Here having slept they shall awake appear / At Trumpet’s sound “Come ye my blessed dear.”
19. Here lieth interr’d the body of Elizabeth, daughter of Willm and Ann Hickling. She departed this life July 2nd 1755, who died in her infancy
Here sweetness lies & innocence whose breath / Was stopped by early, not unfriendly death / She’s gone to rest just as she began / Sorrow to know before she knew to sin / Death that doth sin and sorrow this prevent / Is the next blessing to a life well spent.
20. Erected to the memory of John Hickling, who departed this life on the 31st July 1816, aged 35 years.
Vain mortals here, trust not to earthly things / For wealth and joy you see too oft have wings / Just in the time of all my pleasures gay / Dear wife farewell I’m gone before / My love to you can be no more / No grief nor sorrow for me take / But love my children for my sake.
21. To the memory of Thomas Hickling. He departed this life July the 16th 1784, aged 49 years.
Oh Cruel Death, that would no longer spare / This loving husband, tender Father dear / Great is the loss to those who are left behind / But he, we hope, eternal bliss will find.
22. To the memory of Ann, the wife of Thomas Hickling. She departed this life January the 4th 1802, aged 58 years.
Mortality oppressed / No more could bear / But sunk to rest / And sleeps in silence here.
23. In affectionate memory of William Harriman, second son of John & Elizabeth Beeby, who died on 25th day of July 1854, aged 14 years.
To see in one short hour destroyed / The hope of future years / To feel how vain a father’s prayers / How vain a mother’s tears.
24. In affectionate memory of Mary Elizabeth, second daughter of John and Elizabeth Beeby, who died August 4th 1873, aged 31 years.
Yet when the first wild throb is past / Of anguish and despair / To lift the eye of faith to heaven / And think my child is there.
25. In affectionate memory of John Beeby (of Ragdale), who died Jan 29th 1881. Also of Elizabeth, wife of the above, who died Jan 29th 1896, aged 84.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
26. Here lieth interred the body of William Edinborough, son of William and Mary Edinborough, who departed this life on 20th May ANO DOM 1730, in the 21st year of his age.
Remember man when you pass by / As you are now, so once was I / As I am now, so you will be / Prepare O man to follow me.
27. Sacred to the memory of William Haines, who for 12 years was the much respected clerk of this Church & Parish & met with his death by accident on July 25th 1890, aged 46 years.
Watch and pray for ye know not when the time is.
28. To the memory of James Wilkinson, who died 3rd Feby 1811, aged 75 years.
Also to Mary, his wife, who died 10th Jany 1814, aged 77 years.
Here lies a friendless pair / Their souls to God we hope they are.
29. In loving memory of Fanny, the beloved child of Frank & Sarah Gamble, who died April 18th 1894, aged 9 months.
30. To the memory of Elizabeth, the wife of Henry Burton. She died April the 14th 1794 aged 48 years.
Also Margaret, second wife of the above Henry Burton, who died 16th August 1829, aged 71 years and also Henry Burton, who died 8th November 1834, aged 86 years.
Nothing but trouble doth our lives attend / Then let us think upon our latter end / That when we on the bed of sickness lie / We may have nothing else to do but die.
31. To the memory of John Wilkinson. He departed this life October ye 25th 1769, aged 55 years.
Also Ann, the wife of John Wilkinson. She died January the 6th 1783, aged 60.
32. In memory of Mr. John Blower of this place, who departed this life 29th January 1851, aged 84 years.
33. Here lieth ye body of Mary Patchet, who departed this life the 29th day of May Anno Domini 1719, in her 59 year of her age.
34. Here lieth interr’d ye body of Mary Wilkinson, who departed this life November the 23rd MDCCLVI, aged 50.
35. Here lieth interr’d the body of Elizabeth, daughter of Wm & Elizabeth Bontar, who departed this life January the 11th MDCCLV in the 28th year of her age.
36. In affectionate remembrance of Harriet, wife of Thomas Hart, who died Jany 14th 1865, aged 34 years.
The Lord your God hath given you rest.
37. Erected in remembrance of William, son of Joseph & Sarah Benson, who departed this life January 5th 1811, aged 19 years.
Why do ye mourn departing friends / Or shake at death’s alarm / Tis but the voice that Jesus sends / To call him to his arms.
38. In affectionate memory of Catherine & David, son and daughter of Samuel & Sarah Hart. Catherine died 7th Jany 1834, aged 15 years. David died 18th January 1834, aged 5 years.
Parents no more indulge your anxious grief / ‘Tis Heaven’s decree – let this be your relief / Snatch’d from the troubles which this world infest / Your darlings slumber on a Saviour’s breast.
39. Erected in memory of Eliza, daughter of Samuel & Sarah Hart, who died 6th August 1836, aged 15 years.
Here sleeps a duteous daughter, sister kind / In sickness patient and in health resign’d / Peace to her, gentle shades may she be blest / And dwell with Angels in eternal rest.
40. In affectionate memory of Catherine, daughter of Samuel and Sarah Hart, who died 4th September 1853, aged 19 years.
Also in memory of Sarah Eliza Adkin, grand daughter of the above, who died 30th June 1846, aged 3 years.
41. In affectionate remembrance of Samuel Hart, who died NovR 11th 1865, aged 80 years.
Also of Sarah, wife of the above, who died 5th June 1869, aged 83 years.
42. In affectionate remembrance of Thomas Biddles who died March 24th 1889, aged 50 years
Also of Emma, wife of the above, who died Jan 25th 1922, aged 84 years.
As thy days, so shall thy strength be.
43. In loving memory of John Tyres, who departed this life June 23rd 1880, aged 63 years.
Also of Sarah, the beloved wife of the above, died Feb 5th 1891.
Not gone from memory not gone from love / But gone to our Father’s home above / And left their sorrowing children.
44. In loving memory of Colonel Albert Cantrell Cantrell-Hubbersty VD of Ragdale Hall, died September 4th 1815 and of his wife, Martha Lydia, died June 18th 1810.
45. In loving memory of Lt Colonel George Albert Jessop Cantrell-Hubbersty DSO TD, died February 11th 1928, aged 46 years.
46. In loving memory of Mabel Elizabeth Boulter, died 10th November 1979, aged 81 years.
47. In loving memory of Ann Hatton, died April 17th 1950, aged 87 years.
48. In loving memory of Herbert Hatton, died Jan 12th 1929, aged 76 years.
49. In loving memory of Francis William Hatton, died Feb 16th 1919, aged 20 years.
Thomas Herbert Hatton, killed in action in France, Oct 10th 1917, aged 25 years.
Only son of Herbert & Anne Hatton.
50. In loving memory of Dorothy, the younger daughter of John & Eva Barker who fell asleep Sept 7th 1908, aged 8 years
51. STEPHEN, died 20-8-1976, aged 5. Dearly loved son of Beryl & Ken Burnham.
52. Here lie the remains of Mr. George Henton, who departed this life the 23rd day of January in the year of Our Lord 1767 in the 68th year of his age.
53. Here are deposited the earthly remains of Jane, relict of George Henton. She departed this life on the 15th day of March, 1794 in the 85th year of her age.
Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord. Rev. Ch. IV v.13.
54. Underneath are interred the earthly remains of William, the son of George and Jane Henton. He departed this life on the 22nd Day of October, 1792 in the 50th year of his age.
55. In affectionate remembrance of Thomas Biddles, who died March 21st 1889, aged 56 years.
Also of Emma, the beloved wife of the above, who died Jan 25th 1922, aged 84 years.
56. Sacred to the memory of William Richards who departed this life the 19th day of November MDCCCLVII, aged 91 years.
57. Sacred to the memory of Samuel Richards who departed this life the 7th day of September MDCCCLXVI, aged 68 years.
58. Dedicated to the memory of Samuel Henton, who exchanged this mortal for an immortal state on the 21st of May 1812, aged 43 years.
59. Beneath rest the sleeping remains of Jane, late wife of Samuel Henton, who resigned this life on 17th of October 1797, aged 26 years
Also Jane, daughter of Samuel and Jane Henton. She died January 5th 1799 in the 2nd year of her age.
60. In loving memory of Joseph Frisby who departed this life January 7th 1906, aged 39 years.
In the midst of life we are in death.
61. In affectionate remembrance of William, infant son of Thomas and Mary Henton, who died January 26th 1849.
Also William, their second son who died April 6th 1850, aged three months.
Also Kate, their infant daughter who died April 29th 1862.
He shall gather the lambs with His arm and carry them in His bosom. Isaiah XL. 11.
62. * J.H. 1847 (cf No 67)
63. * W.H. 1854 / A.H. 1867 (cf No 73)
64. * T.H. 1878 / M.H. 1868 (cf No 71)
65. * J.H. 1828 (cf No 75)
66. In loving memory of Sarah, fourth daughter of Thomas and Mary Henton. Born April 22nd 1856. Died March 17th 1915
67. In affectionate remembrance of Jane, daughter of William and Ann Henton who departed this life May the tenth one thousand eight hundred and forty seven, aged 22 years.
What I say unto you I say unto all, Watch. Mark XIII, 37.
Lord prepare us at thy Grace! / Soon we must resign our breath / And our souls be called to pass / Through the iron gate of death / Let us now our day improve / Listen to the Gospel voice / Seek the things that are above / Scorn the world’s pretended joys.
68. In affectionate remembrance of Sarah, the infant daughter of Willm & Ann Henton, who departed this life August 24th 1835, aged 9 weeks.
69. Erected in remembrance of Joanna, daughter of William and Ann Henton, who departed this life February 2nd 1816, aged 5 months.
Beneatha sleeping infant lies / To earth her body’s lent / More glorious she’ll hereafter rise / Though not more innocent / When the archangel’s trump shall blow / And souls to bodies join / Millions will wish their lives below / Had been as short as thine.
70. To the memory of Mary Henton, daughter of Henry and Mary Henton. She departed this life September the 22nd 1795, in her infancy
71. In affectionate remembrance of Thomas Henton who died on the 9th day of October 1878, in the 62nd year of his life.
Also of Mary, wife of Thos Henton, who departed this life November 12th 1868, aged 48 years.
Boast not thyself of tomorrow for thou knowest not what the day will bring forth. Prov. XXVII. I.
Before Jehovah’s awful throne / Ye nations bow with sacred joy / Know that the Lord is God alone / He can create and He destroy.
72. Beneath lie the sleeping remains of Henry Henton who resigned his life on the 1st day of October 1801, aged 56 years.
He was !_______ But words are wanting to say what. / Think what a man should be / And he was that.
73. In affectionate remembrance of William Henton whose sickness was unto death on the 13th day of April 1854, in the 63rd year of his age.
Also of Ann, relict of the above, who departed this life on the 27th day of August 1867, in the 75th year of her age.
Them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. I Thess. IV.14
Be still and know that I am God. Psalm XLVI. 15 /
The end of all things is at hand / Be ye therefore sober and watch unto prayer. I Peter IV. 7.
74. Here lieth interred the body of Mary , wife of Daniel Wildman and daughter of John and Sarah PITCHETT, who departed this life April the 17th 1725, aged 15 years.
Also Mary, their daughter.
75. Sacred to the memory of Wright Henton who departed this life September 6th 1828, in the 42nd year of his age.
Also Jane, the infant daughter of Wright and Jane Henton, died in 1828.
76. Sacred to the memory of Mary, the daughter of Wright and Jane Henton, who departed this life September 27th 1846, aged 21 years.
If friends should forsake when they see me distrest / His works and his spirit this lesson suggest / Depend not on mortals whose breath will subside / Trust wholly in God, for the Lord will provide.
To the memory of Jane, relict of Wright Henton, who departed this life September 16th 1845, aged 58 years.
With patience to the end she did submit / And murmur’d not at what the Lord saw fit / But with true Christian faith she did resign / Her soul to God at His appointed time.
77. * M.H 1846 (cf No 76)
78. * J.H. 1845 (cf No 76)
79. ** Jane, dearly loved wife of William Mitchelson Whittaker and mother of Laura, Richard & Shelagh, died 25th October 1972, aged 50 years.
80. ** Kathleen, beloved wife of Kenneth Snowden, mother of June and Ann. Born 1904, Died 1979.
81. Here lies interr’d the body of John, the son of Thos & Mary Patchett, who departed this life June the 4th 1758 in the 20th year of his age.
82. * W.H. 1828 (cf No 75)
83. In loving memory of Major William Philip Cantrell-Hubbersty OBE, DL, of Ragdale Hall. October 24th 1877 – March 22nd 1947.
Also Phyllis Mary Hermione Cantrell-Hubbersty, died September 8th 1962.
84. In loving memory of Marjory Annie Bowley. Passed away 29th June 1992, aged 75 years
Also her beloved husband Francis Leonard Griffin Bowley, passed away 13th March 2003, aged 89 years.
85 ** In loving memory of John ‘Les’ Leslie Jones. 19.8.1926 – 12.9.1994
For the glory of the garden, that it may not pass away.
86. Alan Wilkinson. Born 1932, Died 1995.
87 In loving memory of Samantha Anne, daughter of Raymond and Janet Bowley, departed 15th April 1998, aged 18 years.
Say not with grief, “She is gone.” Say rather, with gratitude, “She was here.”
88. To the beautiful memory of Joanne Virginia Hull, a cherished wife and devoted mother and grandmother. 18.5.1947 – 17.2.2002
Loving you always, forgetting you never. We love you.
89. ** Rev. Sid Geary, beloved husband of Betty and father of John and David. Born 25th April 1911, died 20 Dec. 1992.
** Betty Geary, 14th Nov 1914 – 6th Feb 2004, Greatly loved wife of Sid and of sons David and John.
90. ** William Mitchelson Whittaker. 1923 – 2004. Grief never grows old.
91. Grazyna Anna Whittaker. 23rd April 1948 – 22nd Sept. 2009, Wife of William Whittaker.
Very much loved and missed.
92. ** Mark Newman of Ashbrook, beloved son & brother. 03.07.1980 – 31.07.2007. Died aged 27.
Love and miss you.
93. ** In Loving Memory of Marlene Ramsbottom, 1934 – 2007
** Leslie Ramsbottom, 1934 – 2010
Always in our thoughts.
94. In loving memory of Michael Sidney Cavner. Born 15. 10. 1928. Passed away 19. 8. 2012,
95. ** In loving memory of Leslie Fox, Husband, Father Grandfather. Died 10th June 2013 aged 82 years.
Loved Forever Forgotten Never.